NTC-XX-SIN: Non-Isolated Square Root Extractor specsheet
- DIN-Rail Mount (small size)
- Industry Standard Output: 4-20 mA, 1-5 VDC, more
- Industry Standard Output: 4-20 mA, 1-5 VDC, and more
- Standard Built-in Linearizations: Linear, Square Root, 1.5 Power & Adjustable Power (for Weirs & Flumes)
- Drop Out Setting for Lower Limit on Input
- Easy Field Calibration (Typ. calibration time < 2 min. using handheld meter only)
- Microprocessor Controlled for High Accuracy
- Two Wire Supply Option for Two Wire Transmitters
- Power: 24 VDC
- High Noise Rejection
- CSA and NRTL Approved (LR 51078)
The Non-C-XX-SIN is a microprocessor controlled Square Root Extractor. It has an adjustable drop out setting which defines the lower limit of the output at which the square root extraction ceases. This feature is important especially in environments where signals are noisy since low input signals produce large results after the square root function.
For example, an input of 1% translates into an output of 10%. Therefore, if the input fluctuates by approximately 1% in the lower (4-5 mA) region, the output may vary by more than 10%. By setting the drop out to a few percent above 10% output, the actual output will remain at 4 mA untill the true output rises above the drop out setting.
- Accuracy/Linearity: 0.3% max., 0.1% typ.
- Operating Temperature: -40 Deg.C. to +50 Deg.C
- Temperature Effects: 0.5% max., 0.2% typ. (for 40 Deg.C. change)
- Loop Drive: Max. 1000 Ohms at 20mA