RCI-100-MDM: Dial-Up Remote Control Signal Interface specsheet
- Bi-directional Communication using Phone Line
- Dial-Out Programmable for: Status/Setpoint Change, Incremental Signal Change and Timed Interval
- Point-to-Point or Host-to-Multi-Point Operation
- 1 Dry Contact and 1 Analog Input
- 1 'C' Relay Contact and 1 Analog Output
- Configurable to Initiate and/or Answer A Call
- Uses Standard Voice Telephone Line
- No Calibration Required
- Microprocessor Controlled for High Accuracy
- Power: 117 VAC 50/60 Hz (Optional 24 VDC)
- Built-in Overvoltage Protection on Telephone Line
- High Noise Rejection
- CSA and NRTL Approved (LR51078)
The RCI-100-MDM is a bi-directional dial-up communication system that exchanges the status of 1 dry contact input and 1 analog input between a host and remote unit or a PC equipped with a modem.
A basic system consists of
A) one host station and one or more remote station(s)
B) several remote stations and one PC with a modem.
In system A), the host unit can be set to interrogate the remote unit(s) periodically or when required. Remote units may also be configured to call the host when required. One host may operate several remote units.
In system B), a PC can call several remote units or alternately, remote units may call the PC when required
LabVIEW & Visual BASIC drivers are provided for user software development on PC’s.
- Input: (1) 0-20mA & (1) Dry contacts
- Output: (1) 0-20mA & (1) 'C' Contacts
- Transmission Delay: 5 sec. max., 1 sec. typ.
- Transmission Medium: Analog Voice Grade Phone Line
- BAUD Rate: 2400 BAUD typ., 9600, 14.4K available
- Operating Temperature: -20 Deg.C. to +50 Deg.C.
- Relay Contacts: 10A 1/8Hp @ 125VAC, 6A 1/8Hp @ 277VAC
- Power: 117 VAC, 60/50 Hz (24VDC Available)
- Enclosure: NEMA4X (NEMA12 available as an option)